Matt Mauldin - Marketing Pro

Personal branding and shameless promotion for Matt Mauldin

Matt Mauldin - Subscribe now!

Good Taste in My Mouth After a Delicious Experience

Written by Matt Mauldin on Thursday, November 06, 2008

I now have an account at delicious. See:


delicious-big
I am mattmauldin on Delicious
Add me to your network

Delicious is a social web bookmark sharing site that uses a keyword tagging categorization to organize your bookmarks.  So far I really haven't determined an every-day use for Delicious.  Right now I have the Foxmarks pluglin for Firefox, so my bookmarks automatically sync between the several computers I use.  I don't have so many bookmarks that I really need a service like Delicious to manage them.

That said, I do like the networking ability.  It is just one more piece of the pie linking all of my sites together.  Here's a list of things you can do with Delicious:

Cool Things You Can Do With Bookmarks and Tags

  1. Research: del.icio.us allows you to keep track of all your online sources if you are working on a paper, an article, or drafting a new blog post.
  2. Vacation Planning: Save links to possible destinations, events, hotels, travel sites, cool tours, restaurants and maps using del.icio.us.
  3. Event Planning: If you are trying to plan a wedding or another big event you can use del.icio.us tags like "Budget," "Dresses," "Venues" or "Honeymoon" to keep your online options organized.
  4. Wishlist: Keep an online wishlist of products you'd like for Birthday, Christmas, Valentines Day, Mothers/Fathers day.  Just bookmark the products by using a "Wishlist" tag.
  5. Collaboration: Share information with co-workers or friends by creating a shared del.icio.us account or sharing your bookmarks through a network.
  6. Discover Popular Resources: Delicious has more that 5 million users, so no matter what you're looking for, one of the del.icio.us users has bookmarked a site related to it. Discover other users' resources through a simple search from the del.icio.us homepage.

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book
  1. 0 comments: Responses to “ Good Taste in My Mouth After a Delicious Experience ”

About Matt Mauldin

This blog is all about Matt Mauldin - it's my own personal branding blog. Why? Because there are so many places, spaces, faces, sites, and others ways to get linked in, and a personal blog is a great way to tie them all together.

Feel free to link to me, subscribe to my RSS, connect with my other online profiles, or read my other blog at Marketing IMO.